: 615 336 9653
: 907 209-7601
Destination Wedding Planning Steps
1. Choose your destination - Choosing the right destination is the hardest, but most exciting part! Couples can spend months browsing through travel magazines and websites in search of the perfect destination. Budget often plays a major role as couples consider the cost and convenience of air travel to their destination options. Marriage laws and residency requirements for certain destinations also come into play. With so much to consider, couples often struggle with this initial decision. We understand this, and hope that you'll let our expertise be your guide.
2. Select your resort - This is another fun step! Often, couples will fall in love with a resort that they've read about and choose it, regardless of its location. There are many things to consider when selecting the resort- Do you want it to be for adults only, or family friendly? Do you want it to be all-inclusive (highly recommended!) or close to the airport? You can be confident in our resort recommendations, knowing that we will only offer resorts with proven track records. Remember, we’ve been to most of these resorts and destinations and you can rely on our experience.
3. Confirm your wedding date with the resort - Destination weddings take place every day of the week, so finding an available date is not usually a problem if you have some flexibility. The more set you are on a particular date, the earlier you should begin planning. As soon as you have the resort chosen, we will contact the wedding coordinator to secure your date.
4. Make your room reservation – Soon after we confirm your wedding date with the resort, we will need to book your room. This seals your plans, giving you the assurance that you in fact are going to have a destination wedding! You can take a deep breath and relax knowing that the major decision making is done.
5. Send Save-The-Date invitations - Usually couples will send a Save-The-Date invitation as soon as their wedding date and location are confirmed. Since we expect to take on the task of travel planning for all of your guests, you'll want to include our contact information on everything you send out so your guests know who to call to make their room reservations. We will customize each guests' travel arrangements to fit their specific needs.
6. With the resort chosen, your room booked and invites sent, the only thing left to do is plan your wedding day! We will be working directly with the wedding coordinator at the resort to plan the details of your day. Don’t worry! We will introduce you to her. We will continue to oversee the entire planning process, but we will also be assisting guests with their travel plans. We are here for you every step of the way to ensure the most spectacular destination wedding.